Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Greetings Mars Researchers!
I had a really exciting day here in San Francisco! I went to a presentation by one of the scientists working on the Mars Rover project. He told us all about the exploration of the rim of the Endeavour crater. Some of the rocks show definite signs that there was water in that area- probably in the form of hot springs or steam vents from below the surface. It was so cool. How do you think they know that a rock may have been exposed to water?
You can read all about it at this website- http://thesop.org/story/20121205/nasa-opportunity-rover-robot-completes-walkabout-on-mars-crater-rim.html





It was a bit rainy and foggy, but I did walk down to Fisherman's Wharf , a famous San Francisco landmark.


There are all these sea lions that hang out on the docks. They were very funny, pushing each other off and honking at each other.
You can also see Alcatraz Island, the famous prison.
It looked spooky in the fog! After this I thought the appropriate place to have lunch was....
I really enjoyed reading your comments. San Francisco is a little farther than 1000 miles!
I'll leave you with one more famous SF landmark- Cable Cars!

I'll write more tomorrow- Miss you all!
Ms. Bennett

9 comments:

  1. hi Mrs. Bennett i miss u - kyle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mrs. Bennett I loved the pictures.
    Your pal Richard

    ReplyDelete
  3. those seals are so so cute :-) - kyle 5-c

    ReplyDelete
  4. i like the picture of the rover it really cool and the pictures of san fransisco are awesome hope your having a good time

    erin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mrs. B.,
    I think it's awesome that your having fun hopefully tomorrow it will clear. I don't know about that question but the NASA employees found that there might have been some sort of life on mars because of the chemicals in the rock sample. They just have to make sure that Curiosity didn't bring it to mars with him

    -Mady

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks great there!I hope it clears.peter salois5c

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks awsome i like Macy,s and the seals. i hope it clears.
    Did everyone like your presintation maybe u can show us when u come back and we can learn some stuff the pics are cool

    jonathan

    ReplyDelete
  8. they probably know because it split


    collin

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mrs. Bennett Alcatraz is so awesome I want to go there. I'm so glad you didn't use cable cars so you didn't end up like Maniac's parents.

    Liam

    ReplyDelete